Oral health therapists are dental professionals who are dual qualified in dental therapy and dental hygiene. Oral health therapists provide a wide range of dental care in a variety of settings to children, adolescents and adults. Oral health therapists work as a member of a dental team. They provide dental therapy services to children and adolescents and dental hygiene services to people of all ages. Oral health therapists can also work in health promotion, education, research, management and policy development roles.
Oral health therapists can provide the following dental therapy services to children and adolescents:
- conduct dental examinations and diagnosis, and develop care plans
- take x-rays of teeth and jaws
- prepare cavities and restore teeth with fillings
- extract deciduous teeth under local anaesthetic when required
- conduct dietary counselling and oral health education and promotion
Oral health therapists also provide dental hygiene services for people of all ages. Dental hygiene services include the use of preventative, educational and therapeutic methods for controlling oral diseases.
You can make bookings with Darius for hygiene appointments and also appointments where you see Dr Frank Farrelly and Darius in the same appointment. There is no additional cost to have a professional check and clean with Dr Frank Farrelly and Darius.